söndag 13 december 2009

A little bit older...

It might be a good idea to try and avoid going through a single day without gaining a little bit of wisdom or knowledge, may it be about yourself, about the world, a fun fact. It can be something of great importance, to you or to the world, or something extremely insignificant.
What I find incredibly disturbing is that no matter how much I learn about myself, I never change! I still manage to paint myself into the same corners over and over. The only difference is I can feel it happen before I'm even remotely there. I often try to stop myself "don't go there Robin, you'll get fucked, just like last time". Doesn't matter, I do it anyway. It's no doubt annoying, I won't deny that, but there is also something very encouraging about it. I enjoy watching myself cross lines I shouldn't, because the idea of the Freudian "Id" makes me all soft and mooshy inside, it makes me happy! Probably because my "super-ego" is a bit too dominant for my own taste. This is something I'll have to keep fighting foreverandever. That much I've learned.
The world, on the other hand, does definitely change with every new piece of information. It grows, shrinks, tumbles and falls, twists and turns, the only constant being that it's absolutely incomprehensible, impossible to understand, unpredictable, in every way unfit for humans to walk around in, but impossible to avoid.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar