tisdag 8 december 2009

As I'm writing my very first post on this currently desert blog, two things come to mind, one is bleek, the other is a tiny reflection, regarding the mind (that I now hesitate to publish here, because I might come off a bit bleak, which I'm really not). I choose to post them as one, because if this is to be a Robin of Bleek blog, then why not kick it off by tying the two pieces of me together. One has a seemingly loose connection to the other.

(1) Yesterday bleek went on our very first photo-shoot! As every first is accompanied with many a question and just as many a doubt, I am happy to say that things worked out pretty good. As it happens, my friend Emma Hartvig is a fantastic photographer and it just felt like any old day with the band, except it was all captured on camera. Hopefully this will shine through in the pictures.

(2) (a) My memory is made up of fragments, loosely intertwined by smells, sounds and other binding materials, still cryptic to me. However, when any one of these fragments are recalled, the general idea is that the binding materials should engage the other interrelated fragments and thereby re-create a somewhat coherent memory. If I should draw a parallell to music, one chord, or even one note, calls to mind a chorus, a song, a movement, or even an entire symphony or album. Those kinds of connections are real to me, very strong and the musical "binding materials" are frequent and powerful. In other aspects though, they tend to let me down. This brings about a disconnected fragment, very hard to comprehend and to make sense of. This bothers me only because they are very hard to let go of, it is simply hard to find paths away from a disconnected memory fragment. So I get stuck time and time again, in places I quite instantly recognize as isolated. The lack of connections also make those fragments fragile. They are without outer defences and fragments invade eachother, blend together and are finally left unrecognizable.

(b) My life is made up of people, loosely intertwined by places, situations, and other binding materials, still cryptic to me. However, when any one of these people are recalled, the general idea is that the binding materials should engage the other interrelated people, and thereby recreate a somewhat coherent group. So far so good in this semi-believable parallell between mind and reality. In one aspect, they differ so profoundly, that the likenesses mentioned all seem so pathetic. Because a "memory fragment" can never have a profound impact on the actual mind, only the actual incident that printed the fragment in the first place has the ability to really affect ME. The other major difference is that the effect of disconnected people is actually often stronger than in their usual context.

(c) This is where it starts to get interresting, because this enables new connections to be made, multiple connections where (d) 2+2 really CAN equal 5, due to the strengthening of the disconnected pieces. However, in time, as the connections grow stronger, the sum of the elements are weakened, and 2+2 may suddenly not appear as 5 anymore. Keeping the connections weak seems to me the only way to keep the numbers up.

(3) The connections between no. one (1) and no. two (2) may to some of you be all too clear, to some they might feel totally unrelated. Since this is the first ever, I'll actually give you the correct answer, but don't get used to it! The secont part (2) is divided into two kind of equal parts, dealing with memory snippets (a) and friends (b), closed with a small reflective conclusion (c). The first part (1) is unseparated, dealing with the connection of (a) and (b), showing in a real context the power of (d), through example.

(4) Sleep tight my friends, tomorrow is a long time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar